Monday, October 31, 2011

30-Day Lolita Challenge: Day 1

Hello.  :)

I thought I'd grab up this 30-day lolita meme I found floating around.  The questions are so interesting, it asks things I've never thought about before, so I'm very excited to see what I discover about myself and lolita~.

I don't know that I'll be able to actually do a question every day, but I'll try and do every few days or so.  Onto the first question.


"10 Things About Your Lolita Bubble"

~1: My immersion into Lolita started in May of 2011, when I got to visit Japan for 16 glorious days.  This is also when I was able to buy my starter lolita wardrobe. I bought JSK's from Bodyline and Alice and the Pirates, and an OP from Putumayo, along with various purses, skirts and socks.


~2: My favorite brands are Alice and the Pirates, Baby the Stars Shine Bright, Putumayo, Mary Magdalene, and Innocent World.  I know it's a lot of favorite brands, but I tend to enjoy a wide-range of styles.


~3: My favorite style is Classic.  I love classic OPs and JSKs so, so much.  I feel the most beautiful when I wear classic.



~4: My least favorite styles to wear are probably OTT Sweet and Gothic, although I do love the way these styles look, and drool over pictures of cords in these styles, I like wearing them the least.  :)



~5: I am involved in a group called Frilladelphia, and I love everyone who attends the meets!  We have so much fun, I have to credit them for pushing my love of lolita forward even more! (Plus, they taught me how to order through TaoBao.  SCORE.


~6: Shoes and Blouses are the things I have least of when it comes to my lolita wardrobe.  Unfortunately, I tend to have the urge to buy JSKs instead of blouses.  I have to get better at forcing myself to get blouses once in a while instead. :)



~7: I try to wear lolita as much as possible, even to and from work (although I can't wear it during work), but I still don't wear it as much as I'd like to.  I want that to change.  I'd love to have a wardrobe that would allow me to wear lolita every day.



~8: I love it when people on the street ask to take my photo.  I feel like I'm spreading the word and getting more exposure to the style.  I also try and give anyone who asks as much information as I possibly can about the fashion.  I love talking to others about the style.


~9: I'm secretly trying to get my best friend to wear lolita.  It hasn't happened yet, but dammit, I'm determined.  :D


~10: I dream of living in Japan and being able to just buy all the lolita clothes my heart desires (without the horrible sipping costs!)

~See ya~!

No comments:

Post a Comment